Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Of Left and Right

I think I have a thing for the left-handed (and maybe the ambidextrous).
Think Bruce Willis, Gordan Ramsey, Ben Stiller, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Wahlberg, and I didn't even work the Google yet (all awesome people, if you did use Google or any other search engine, please exclude JB- because he's a young Baby, Baby, Baby, Oh!).
Doing work/writing and eating at the same time: left hand, right hand. I always imagined ambidextrous people writing with both hands and finishing homework in less time it takes to "boil handphone porridge" -talking forever on the phone- with a bestie or getting rid of an annoying caller who curses at you if you don't buy their products/give away your bank account number/etc.

Recently picked up a book, "Crazy Rich Asians" by Kevin Kwan.
It's really Asian-guai lou posh and has a lot of funny, snort-worthy moments, whilst learning the basics on the various Chinese dialects (and curses), with helpful footnotes.

On a personal note, I think I will give it one month, as everyone knows that the first few days is the so-called "induction/settling-in" period.
Not sure how it will turn out but I hope that I won't come to resent it. Almost falling asleep at your desk on the first day is not the way to start. Thankfully that didn't happen today, and thankfully, I was the one who took the first step. It's not to say that I'm not learning. I'm squeezing every opportunity I can get whether it's given or taken but looks as if I'm going to have to keep making the moves first.


"If you don't give me a chance to handle work, I will never be able to help you on your level and improve myself."

"I would rather go home early because I finished my work, than go home early because I have nothing to do."

No comments: