Thursday, July 9, 2009

Public transportation

Taxi

1. There was one time I told the driver I wanted to go to Pandan Jaya LRT. He NODDED. Then, on the way, he said that a RapidKL bus overturned and had caused a huge traffic jam. So, he said he wanted to send me to Cempaka station. I, blur sotong sh*t said that I had no idea where it was but ok. (Bloody dumb, he could have driven off to some *fill in the blank* place and then *fill in the blank*. ) He had the audacity to stop at a pisang goreng stall and ask the lady to tambah more pisang goreng for him. Then, he dropped me off at the station whereby the taxi fare was RM5!! I could have asked him to go to Chan Sow Lin instead!! BUMMER!!! Wahlau, I'm never gonna be so dumb like that again. If you aren't going there you might as well have said so. He even said that it was his first day driving the taxi. What a way to make a quick buck...>:(

2. Sone taxi drivers are so talkative that there was one taxi driver who tried to wheedle my name out of me. It's just a name wut, so he said. Eleh, you tell me yours la. He even tried to ask for my handphone number, and even tried to give me his... Eh HELLO! What the...

3. With that being said, there are taxi drivers who are so nice to you i.e. chat with you/give you sweets =.=' that you were taken in by their friendliness and accidently paid RM2 extra cuz you thought that you gave the exact amount of fare... (Actually happened... T.T *money flying away...*)


LRT

1. A class in the afternoon means meeting people who sweat. School kids (haha, I can say that now I'm no longer school-going) and adults alike. The whole LRT section smelled like Kasturi (if you have been there after school, you'll know what the classroom and tables smell like). Worse, I've smelled



(if you value your sensory organs, you will skip this part or you'll lose your appetite...)








spicy-dhal... Dunno whether the guy ate roti canai and was wearing a spicy-smelling cologne or was it his pits... My nose has also picked up onions, chicken, garlic and many other smells that there are no words to describe.

2. Although there are a lot of people, it's those huge group of people-who-know-other-people that I don't like. They make noise like they own the whole place. Worse, they laugh and listen to music like they are getting ready for Cheer 2009... =.=' No offense cheerleaders...

3. People who argue/show public display of affection (PDA), talk loudly/listen to music loudly on their phones (no one is interested in your choice of music) and people who hog the handle bars (thinking that they are the only ones in the train and that everyone else has super stability powers/power suction shoes) totally irk me.

4. Sometimes there'll be no aircond LRT or KTM alike... Way to save energy... =.='

5. There was this one time, I was with a gal friend and this guy of foreign nationality wearing mirror dark glasses was staring/oogling us... Omg, it was so obvious cuz his head was facing our direction and he didn't turn his head at all. Sleeping? (yeah right...)


Bus

1. I once got into the shuttle bus and was hit in the face by vomit stench... (Crap...) I sat in the front (where its next to the driver and only has 2 seats, if you want to stand and if the driver hits the brakes, you'll fly through the windscreen, so no one usually goes there let alone sit on the floor of the bus cuz they'll be blocking the rearview mirror ^.^) to avoid getting bags shoved into my face or get an arm/shoulder massage from other people's butt (if you sit in the aisle seat, if you sit at the window seat, you have to sqeeze your way out) and when I got down, I saw a wierd coloured liquid sloshing about in the dustbin at the entrance/exit of the bus... Gross...

2. I don't know why but Friday's are the worst days especially if you take the bus during lunch. Those guys who go to the surau will rush up the bus not caring whether you're about to get off the bus. They have even entered the bus through the emergengy door at the back of the bus... =.=' So if you didn't manage to get off the bus, you have to wait one cycle of Architecture block then Admin block then only LRT station which takes about 1hour if you're lucky (whichever way you were going).


Ok, enuf ranting... Dunno whether these transportation woes are bad compared to others... Suposed to finish my project for submission tomorrow, but the internet died on me again, so I'll only post this when there's internet... It's a Thursday night btw... (just in case I post it tomorrow or goodness knows when... this internet thing is really killing my blogging style...) The bloody wireless won't connect!!! Darn it! Connect I tell you! CONNECT!!!

1 comment:

AUDREY said...

wow kim. your post really helped me voice all my transportation woes when i was in school... Totally agree with u on all the gross things that can happen.

Just glad I'm not a student anymore. and glad that we don't really have so much of all those gross things in Ipoh when using the public transport also

Be especially careful with the over friendly taxi drivers. Doesn't hurt to be more cautious.