I'm currently wondering whether I regret college life. I haven't even started yet and to think this will last for 4 YEARS!!!
I went for orientation day. To get there, I took a taxi, LRT, and the university's so-called shuttle bus. On average, what would have taken about 20 minutes of driving (if I had a license and a car), took 1 hour 30-45 minutes!!! Shock and sh*t. Sigh, that's like 5 times longer!!! And I have to do this every day since I have to take 6 subjects and the darn LAN subjects start at 8am... OMG... WHAT TIME DO I HAVE TO WAKE UP???!!! My faculty had the least number of students and my foundation class was 'supposed' to have 36 students. I do 4 subjects in the main block and 2 subjects in the School of Engineering and Architecture (which is across the highway where the shuttle bus goes from LRT->North wing [School of E and A]->South wing [main block] and back again).
This is not like waking up at 7.30am when school was just a 3 minutes walk where I would probably walk in at 7.55am after the bell rang anyway...
Heck... Why am I complaining anyway??
Haha... Talking about LRT, I had to change train and it was peak hour. The train I was on, arrived at the station just as the doors of the other train I was supposed to get on, was beeping. (with me so far?) I rushed to the next train, willing a sizable lady to squash in. Kiasu mah... Who wants to wait for 2 trains because the next train connects to a different line (alternate). In the process, my sneaker feet stepped on a lady's sandal-wearing-toe. I apologize like mad and thankfully, she only turned around when I was about to get off the train.
I learnt something from my student trip to Korea:
1) Their subways are much better
2) They can 'move' with the flow of the train which means they don't have to hold the metal bars and let everyone smell your sweat (they have a better balance)
3) They wear sneakers
Lol... I mean you're in a train and at peak hours, it's definitely going to be cramped. Since it was raining, I couldn't get a cab, and I walked some 15 minutes, all the way home at 7.30pm. Sure sure. Say "Stupid girl!!! SO DANGEROUS!!!" all you want. Ei, I also worry ok? I might get robbed, mugged, kidnapped, molested, raped, etc etc. You may never know. But thank goodness, I made it back in one piece. Say hooray, but THAT won't happen again. I WILL FIGHT FOR A CAB IF I HAVE TO! GOOOO MALAYSIA!!! muahaha... just kidding.
That was on Thursday, my first day of orientation.
On Friday (I wondered why did I go anyway), I went to and from the college (going to be a university by the time I graduate I think) by public transport. Going home, the shuttle bus came with students from the South wing and LRT station. The bus (or should I say MINI bus) reversed into 'park'. We hurriedly crammed into what was supposed to be for a '25 penumpang' only bus. The rest of us remained standing up to the door. There was a driver-less bus, another driver-less mini bus and a van which had already taken students on another triangle trip. We waited in the bus. The driver had probably gone for toilet break/rokok break/kopi break/teh tarik break/whatever, but we waited for about 15-20 minutes. He returned, opened the driver door, peered inside and got out!!! He went to the passenger stair and started to ask those who were standing to get the heck of the bus... NOOOOOO!!! I'M STANDING!!! (3rd from the back) The guy in front of me didn't budge. And the rest of us standing weren't called down. After what I thought was a funny drama, the bus driver proceeded to change gear so very often that the bus kept jerking at every clutch release... And I was on the verge of laughing. Then, he did the unexpected...
HE STOPPED AT A PETROL STATION TO PUMP DIESEL!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA... Not only that, he switched off the engine and left the swearing students in the sweltering heat... LOL!!! This guy is sooo funny!!! I mean, no point getting angry. He might chuck you off the bus for trying to 'freedom of speech' him.
It was ok.
For 4 years...
I'll start counting the days...
No comments:
Post a Comment