Saturday, July 5, 2008

A week has passed. And guess what? The 'wtfb' thing doesn't work! I told you so! How do you do a strikethrough word like the sentence before? I had to type it in mic. word then copy and paste. Any better ideas?? Please don't tell me you do that. Nothing interesting happening this week so you don't have to hold on to your seats. Sitting here, wracking my head to blog about something is like watching toenails grow... Come on, come on...



The chocolate spot surprised and irritated her. Here she was, reading a brand new novel, and all of a sudden this 'magical' splotch seemed to fall out of the sky! She looked upwards only to go nose-to-nose with a chocolate ice-cream grin of the brat who was peering over her shoulder. Being a babysitter had it's merits, as she loved kids but this one was downright trying.

"Don't stand behind me like that and try to paint Mona Lisa on my book! Look what you just did!"

The kid continued grinning like the complete irritant he was and started for the living room, leaving a trail of melted, unhappy (yummy) chocolate in his wake. Smacking herself in the face, she shook her head and hurriedly went after him because he was about to sit on the sofa with a choco-stained elbow. Reminding herself why she took this job. Not only for the huge pay (after 6 babysitters had had enough of the little guy who brought ants nests as pets into the house) but for one sole reason:















THE REALLY CUTE HUNK THAT LIVED NEXT DOOR! Ho-yeah! The guy whom everyone claims is 'the prize' or 'the next Dempsey' had caught her attention all right. The only problem is:














She's never seen him before! It's been a week since she's been here and still no sign of this 'six-pack' hottie. That's what her over-the-top girl friends claimed when they saw him washing his car (rolls eyes). In actual fact, they came over to help her 'unstuck ' the little troublemaker's (Ben) mom's Thai silk skirt from the vacuum cleaner. Alison, Sue Zanne and Kath ended up staring (quite rudely) for a long time at the little car washing episode playing out right in front of their eyes while she had to explain to Mrs Joe about Ben's 'innocent spring cleaning'.

"Ben, stop wriggling about! You're gonna dirty the sofa." (Thank God for tissue paper and an apron. Quick thinking. Now my clean clothes would never get dir- )

"BENJEMIN JOE! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?! STOP TRYING TO DYE MY HAIR!" (Aw righto... No more ice-cream for you, you spoilt child). Looks like it would be a weekend therapy of ice-cream for her instead.

A movement on the veranda caught her eye. She swiveled. "Did you see that?" Ben became quiet all of a sudden. She frowned in thought. The Joe's were out for their wedding anniversary dinner and would only be back by midnight. She remembered latching the gate because she knew that the toddler would try to be 'ad-fen-churs-rous' (as he would say it). And this was a rich neighbourhood where bungalows were abound like ants to sugar. She wasn't taking any chances man. So why did she feel a sudden unease? Who or what was that?

She looked at Ben, who was now sucking on his chocolate thumb. Oo-kay. He didn't seem so troublesome now. She put him down and spied Mr Joe's golf bag. An array of irons and putters greeted her and she took the longest. Ben clutched the back of her jeans as she advanced to the veranda, not noticing the chocolate stain of which Ben's grubby fingers left. Reaching the veranda, she had goosebumps all over and as she raised the club, she noticed a Hawaii-style shirt floating towards her.

She gave a yelp and brought the iron down hard on whatever that was . The reply that came back was "Ooof" and a thud. (Stupid! You could have switched on the lights!) The mass of dark shadow groaned and












"WAIT! DON'T HIT ME! I just got back from Hawaii and I locked my house keys in my car. Don't hit me. Don't."

The light on the veranda came on and she saw the guy whom her girl friends had been raving about ever since the car wash drama. (Oh-my-shootie-crud. It's that - ?). She turned her head and saw Ben grinning by the light switches (He's smarter than me. Another smack on the head). Sigh and idiocy. She turned and the only thing she noticed was the swelling on his forehead.

"I'm Patrick and I live next door. I just need to borrow the phone. My hand phone died."
"Unkle Patwick!"
"Hey there, Ben..."
"Badd aim, Gabwie-ewwa" Ben giggled.

What could get any worse? Aside from the whack which she gave him, he looked exactly as her bff's had said. Only better. His dreamy (Dempsey??!), brown eyes, tall, tanned. And he was standing right h -

"Can I come in...?"
"Can I trust you?", she asked in return.
"You could knock me out if you wanted to", he grinned. (OMG!!! Even cuter!!!)
"Shoot, I'm really sorry about that."

She turned and hurriedly went into the kitchen for some ice. She came out to see no one around and she nearly screamed for leaving a toddler with a potential kidnapper when she heard giggling upstairs. She tore up the stairs two at a time (more exercise I've done in the past 3 years) only to see Patrick washing the toddler's sticky fingers and putting him into his jammies. (Looks like it's not going to be such a bad night after all).




I was really bored... Haha... I don't have essay word limits anymore and En Isk won't say that I the story is getting typical/draggy. XD Perhaps, I don't really write these kind of stories for Eng essay anyway. I remember writing an essay about killing a cockroach for exam. :p Btw, I don't like Dempsey cuz he's soooo not good looking. But hey, everyone has different opinion.

2 comments:

Rita Kim said...

Haha!!! I do the same thing... type in M.Word then paste it here!!! Maybe I will ask Jia Min how she does that XD

Anonymous said...

ahaha err i dunno, in wordpress they have it ready for you, just highlight the word and click the strikethrough button hahahaha and omg kim!!!! i wrote about killing cockroaches in my english essay too!!!!!! i wrote about how i sprayed water at the cockroach and then poured shampoo over its body when it got overturned omg i was so evil!