Saturday, July 12, 2008

CHOCOLATE PARADISE!!!!!

The title says it all. On Thursday, I was sick and tired of adding more layers to my behind by sitting down and watching the tellie after dinner. So, I decided to... BAKE!!! (Technically, it's not really baking as there's no oven involved) YEAH! My first time though. All the blood, sweat and tears egg yolk, icing sugar and milo. Haha. Those aren't the original ingredients. They were supposed to be egg yolk, castor sugar, cocoa powder and marsala (fortified sweet wine) so I had to 'make do'. The result:


















MAN!!! It was made for females with pms's!!! LOL XD It tasted so darn sweet and good. So w
hen my brother came back yesterday, I decided to tone down on the milo. It looked like this:


















And my brother said that it had a un
ique taste. Then, he gobbled down a packet half a packet of salty snacks. My brother. The chocolate king. Said it tasted unique. Then, he asked me to use the original ingredients!!! Haha... He thought it was too sweet. But I thought it was just delicious as I had added cinnamon in mine.

It was supposed to look like this in the recipe. The "Chocolate Zabaglione" (pronounced 'zabayone')


















But I'm never ever going to believe what I see in recipe books. You know why? The finished products are sometimes not the real ingredients. For example: The dark chocolate-y sauce on perhaps an ice-cream might actually be engine oil. (I read this in the newspapers) So, I'm seriously not kidding!

But who says anyone could get a recipe right the first time? Or the second? Especially with substituted ingredients? And I used a fork instead of a mixer. Cuz the bowl was small and I'm making small portions. If I had used a mixer, it would have splattered all over the kitchen walls and we'd have nothing left in the bowl. See?

Like a bulb of garlic.

1 comment:

Rita Kim said...

I wanna bake with uuuuuuuuuu!!!!
XD
Must be darn fun XD