Thursday, August 28, 2014

Time Machine

It felt like a thousand years.

Just to step foot in there, let alone sitting and waiting. Oddly, amongst the little kid seats and the rushing around was stillness and peace. And yet it was just like yesterday. All those innocent faces, the biggest things on their minds were if they'd pass their exams, or if they'd get to the right destinations. Uncertainties and yet boldly storming on headlong.

Where did all this go?

I hope that it still is there, this fearlessness.
I hope that you will never lose faith.
I hope that you will trust.
I hope that you know.

Many are the facets of a person.
When they are with those close to them, with friends, acquaintances, colleagues.

So, I want to know you, the true you.
And I'm hoping that you do want to know me too.

It is better to have hopes, dreams and our lives than to think that you have nothing at all, for what are we but mere mortals. Our lives move in all sorts of different ways and may not be as how we envisioned it, but in the end: man can plan, but He is the one who guides.

No comments: